Sooooo I feel like I’m a bit of a seasoned traveller. I don’t know how many countries and cities I’ve been to in the past few years, or how many flights I’ve been on… to be honest I don’t really want to know.
I thought that I would give you guys some of my favourite travel hacks and tips for your world wide adventures! p.s.please note I am not paid to mention any of these things, they are simply products that I love and can’t live without.
- HYDRATE! As you probably know, flying has the ability to REALLY dehydrate you, and with dehydration comes a whole plethora of negatives; headaches, nausea, fatigue, high blood pressure, skin breakouts and constipation. When I fly I make sure that I pop into a convenient store before I board and purchase a big 1-2L bottle of water. Although I usually am going to the bathroom every 30 minutes on the flight, it’s totally worth it because you walk off feeling 1 million times better.
- POWER BOARDS ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS! If you guys are anything like me you probably have a computer, a phone, a kindle, a hair dryer, a curler, maybe a diffuser or toothbrush charger or something like that… which means you have a MILLION different things to charge and use all at the same time. I literally only figured out this travel hack a year ago, but taking a power board with between 4-8 power points in it is life changing. Simply take ONE adaptor for each country that you’re going to, and connect it to the power board! ZING! All of a sudden you can be doing your emails, while calling your mum, curling your hair, and inhaling the latest Eucalyptus Scent from Perfect Potions in your hotel room!
- EAR PLUGS/NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES! Babies on planes. I don’t have to say anything more.
- COCONUT OIL! Bitches love coconut. And I love coconut. Coconut oil is one of my travel essentials, I lather it on my body most nights and once or twice a week I also sleep with it in my hair. You can also use it for cooking (if you’re staying in a hostel or air bnb), and for oil pulling on your teeth in the morning if that’s part of your morning routine!
- TRAVEL INSURANCE! Yes, it might be expensive, yes, it might be a pain in the butt, but when you’re standing on the streets of London with lost baggage and nowhere to stay because your flight has been cancelled, trust me, you will be glad you took it out! I tend to get a travel policy that lasts 12 months and is quite comprehensive. This usually costs been $800-$1000. However, there are plenty of options for shorter trips!
- ESSENTIAL OIL DIFFUSER! You might think I’m a bit of a hippie with this, but I LOVE my essential oil diffuser. I got it from a shop called Perfect Potions, and I take it everywhere with me. You simply fill it up with a little bit of water, and place a few drops of your favourite essential oil, or essential oil mix inside, and it makes your hotel room, or hostel bedroom smell like you’re in the most relaxing resort in Bali! Nothing beats coming back to your room and having it smell like home!
- BLACK PEN! Airports. Immigration cards. I really don’t need to say anything else.
- HYDROLITE! I think this is an Australian thing, so if you’re reading about this from OS then I’m sorry. But Hydrolite is this little tablet that you dissolve in water that is full of vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. I love to take this before or after I exercise, party or travel. It works to keep you hydrated and happy.
- A REALLY GOOD PORTABLE CHARGER! It took me a long time to find a good one, but I finally did. It chargers my phone about 4-5 times and it’s super quick.
- HIDE AND SEEK! My last and final travel hack. I like to hide things in pockets of my backpacks and bags that I think I may need on the go and potentially forget. Lip balm, tampons, a few extra dollars, sunblock, hair tyes…. you get the vibe.
Hope these tips help! If you guys have any travel suggestions, I would love to know them.
Love Tiger xxx